Master’s Degree Programs
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
The faculty and staff of the College of Business are firmly committed to offering an academically rigorous educational process for business professionals who seek advancement to middle and upper level management positions. The MBA program’s fundamental purpose is to develop professional managers/leaders capable of making valuable contributions to the system of diversity and growth of their chosen organizations. The program’s primary geographic focus has been individuals located throughout the Albany, Georgia metropolitan area, Southwest Georgia and the Southeastern United States. With distance learning and other technological advances, such as online courses, the program reaches out to business professionals throughout the country and the world.
- Baccalaureate degree earned in any field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Submission of completed application for admission
- An official copy of academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of reference that focus on the candidate’s potential success in graduate education
- A 1000 word statement of purpose. If English is not the applicant’s first language, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score is required and considered pursuant to the International Student requirements below.
International Student Requirements
International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to Albany State University’s Graduate Programs in Business. In addition to the standard application procedure, there are several additional steps that must be taken.
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Affidavit of Support
- TOEFL – Must be submitted unless English is the native language. Minimum scores: 500 (Paper Based Test), 173 (Computer Based Test), 61 (Internet Based Test)
- WES – (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) – Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must first be submitted to Word Education Services, Inc. for a course by course evaluation before being mailed to the Director of Admissions
- VISA / PASSPORT copy
- Certificate of F-1 eligibility
- I-20 (If you are coming from another U.S institution, A copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required) Once the applicants file is completed and an admission decision has been made, the international Student Coordinator will send the student an I-20 Form, enabling the student to Apply for a VISA
Click on the links below to see more information about each program.
The College of Business offers the General Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree program. The MBA is a 30-semester hour graduate degree program. MBA candidates have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity to perform effectively in complex and rapidly changing environments. They are able to develop strategies and to respond proactively to business challenges and opportunities. Graduates learn to integrate functional expertise in seamless organizations and to create pluralistic organizational cultures appropriate to the business environment. Such cultures generate the best possible solutions to problems, facilitate the development of truly innovative products and services that allow organizations to compete in global markets, and give every employee the opportunity to contribute their very best and thus promote above average returns.
The Five-year BS/MBA degree (Accounting Concentration) in the College of Business at Albany State University is designed to enable students to sit for the CPA examination and qualify as Certified Public Accountants upon completion of degree requirements. Students who successfully complete requirements for the 5-year MBA degree will be awarded both a B.S. degree in Accounting and an MBA degree.
Master of Business Administration with concentration in Healthcare program is a 33-semester hour graduate degree program. They are able to develop strategies and to respond proactively to business challenges and opportunities in the field of Healthcare. Graduates learn to integrate functional expertise in seamless organizations and to create pluralistic organizational cultures appropriate to the business environment.
The Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Supply Chain and Logistics program is a 33- Semester hour graduate degree program. Upon completion, students are able to develop strategies and to respond proactively to business challenges and opportunities in the operational areas of the business. Graduates learn to integrate functional expertise in seamless organizations and to create pluralistic organizational cultures appropriate to the business environment.
Master of Business Administration in Public Administration program is a 33-semester hour graduate degree program. Upon completion, students are able to develop strategies and to respond proactively to business challenges and opportunities for managers in public administrative positions. In addition to core business decision making skills, students incorporate knowledge of activities and responsibilities specific to government and related public organizations.
Progression Work Sheets
Click on the links below to get a printable work sheet about each program.
- Master of Business Administration (General MBA) Progression Sheet
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting Progression Sheet
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Progression Sheet
- Master of Business Administration in Supply Chain and Logistics Progression Sheet
- Master of Business Administration in Public Administration Progression Sheet