Teacher/Leader Residency Program
Teacher/Leader Residency Professional Development Opportunity Albany State University – College of Education
THE PROGRAM AT A GLANCE (Residency Flyer)
- For teacher residents in special education, science, or mathematics
- Year-long teacher residency must take place in high-need schools
- Teacher Residents are paid a stipend = $15,000
- Residents and Mentors must participate in program-identified professional development activities
- Residents must commit to a three-year service obligation at a high-need school in one of the following subject areas: math, science or special education
- Teacher residents must participate in anchor action re-search projects and present at an annual conference
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (Resident Application)
Applicants for the ASU Residency program must meet
ASU application requirements*
*ASU application requirements can be found at: https://www.asurams.edu
In addition to the ASU application requirements, applicants must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Complete an interview with the selection committee
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or be a permanent resident
|Students must meet the following requirements:
The Candidate completes 12 performance-based activities necessary for success as a TL. The PBAs are from the Educational Leadership Handbook used in the Ed.S Program and are recorded in an electronic portfolio. The PBAs are real work, done in real time, in a real setting. The PBAs are completed in EDAS 6681 and EDAS 6702-with 5 PBAs being completed in EDAS 6681 and EDAS 6702 and 2 in EDUC 7701.
The candidate completes 12 performance-based activities necessary for success as a TL. The PBAs are from the Educational Leadership Handbook used in the Ed.S. Program and are recorded in an electronic portfolio. The PBAs are real work, done in real time, in a real setting. The PBAs are completed in EDAS 6701 and EDAS 6702 – with 5 PBAs being completed in EDAS 6701 and EDAS 6702 and 2 in EDUC 7701.
TLE Candidates must be admitted to Albany State University’s graduate program and must hold a clear, renewable certificate at a level 5 or higher in a professional teaching or service field, or the leadership field of educational leadership or be in approved level 5 or higher (master, specialist, or doctoral level) program.