- Accreditation – The Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment supports the development
and implementation of best practices in assessment for continuous improvement of courses,
departments/units, and divisions. The university strives to maintain compliance with
standards established by its regional accrediting body, the Southern Association of
Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and discipline-based accreditations.
- Institutional Research and Data Analysis – The University promotes a culture of data-driven decision-making through timely
presentation and reporting of data.
- Planning – Upon release of the new five-year institutional strategic plan in the 2017-2018
academic year, all units of the Departments/Divisions will receive technical assistance
in the production of action plans that support achievement of university strategic
- Assessment and Program Review – Assessment involves the systematic collection and analysis, of course, program
and unit level data and information through which the University can examine the effectiveness
of programs and services in and how they support achievement of either student learning
outcomes or operational outcomes.
- Provide data and information for planning and data-driven decision-making.
- Support University faculty, administrators, and staff in the use of web-enabled tools
for gathering and discerning University data.
- Provide regular reports to university, state, federal and other entities.
- Create custom reports, upon request.
- Lead survey development and distribution (custom and standardized).
- Provide data related training, upon request.
- Develop and support a community of data users and data-driven decision-makers.
- Explore and conduct research using analytics to help drive innovation and improvements
for greater organizational efficiency.
- Recommend and implement technologies that provide users more real-time data and analytics
on a 24/7 cycle.