- About ASU
- Campus Visitation
- Campus Tour
- ASU Online
- Deferred Enrollment
- Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
Senior Citizens Amendment 23
Citizens of the state of Georgia who are 62 years of age or older are eligible to enroll on a “space available” basis without payment of tuition and fees, except for supplies, laboratory, shop or special fees. To be eligible senior citizens should:
- Meet all requirements for admission, including high school transcript and SAT or ACT.
- Satisfy all Developmental Studies requirements, where applicable.
- Present a birth certificate at the time of admission to prove age at the time of registration
- Meet all system and institutional requirements such as Regents’ Test, GRE, etc., if seeking a degree. All academic records will be maintained for course work completed by senior citizens.
University students who desire to take undergraduate courses for career purposes are classified as special students. These students should complete the following admission procedures:
- Submit an application for admission with a $20 application fee.
- Submit a copy of degree or college transcripts certifying graduation from a program at a senior level institution.
Applicants from a Non accredited College
Students may be admitted conditionally from colleges that have been approved by the corresponding State Board of Education but not by the regional accrediting association. The work completed at the non accredited college must be validated before the student is classified or the credits are fully accepted. To validate the work done at the non accredited institution, students must complete one year of satisfactory work in residence at Albany State University. In most cases, students will be required to complete the English, science and professional courses in residence. Should students fail to maintain an average of “C” or better while in residence, the University will not accept the work completed at the non-accredited institution. If students maintain a “C” average or better during the first year of enrollment, they should contact the Academic Services & Registrar's Office to apply for credit validation.
Students who have previously attended Albany State University and have not been in attendance for a semester or more are required to file an application for readmission, by the deadline dates listed on the academic calendar for admission. Students must be eligible to enroll in the same academic department in which they were last registered. Additionally, in July 2009, Albany State University has updated its Academic Status Policy. There are no grandfather provisions, therefore all students are required to comply with the provisions of the aforementioned policy. For more infomation, please visit our policies library and select "Academic Status Policy".