- Section Home
- First Time Students
- How To Apply
- How To Reapply
- Dining Services
- Virtual Tour
- Campus Resources
- Cost Comparison
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MyHousing Portal
How to Apply for Housing
We offer campus housing to all students who have been officially admitted to Albany State University (ASU) through our Recruitment and Admissions Office. There are approximately 1,158 beds reserved just for our new Residential Rams and we guarantee that we will accommodate every student desiring to attend ASU up to that capacity. If you have received your official acceptance letter to ASU, CONGRATULATIONS, you may now take the next step towards registering for your housing!
Getting Started with Housing Registration
Once you have been accepted to Albany State University and received your admissions acceptance material applying for housing is simple. We understand that preparing to go to college can be stressful, so we work hard to make the process easy for you. Simply follow the below steps to complete your housing registration process:
1. Go to www.asurams.edu and point to My ASU Menu in the upper right hand corner.
2. Locate your network ID and password for the My ASU Campus Portal within your Admissions Welcome Packet.
a. Your network id matches the first portion of your ASU email address.
b. This network ID and password is different from your Banner Web access information.
3. Click on “Sign In” and log into your My ASU Portal using the network ID and password mentioned above.
4. Under Online Tools on the left hand side click on the StarRez icon. You will see a blue house.
5. Log into the My Housing Portal using your network ID and
password used to log into the My ASU Portal. If you were prompted to change your password when logging into My ASU, you will also use your newly created password for accessing the My Housing portal.
6. Make sure to read and follow all instructions provided within the portal.
How do I know that I have successfully registered for housing?
Once you have completed the last step in the My Housing portal you may check your status page within the portal. This page will list your confirmed room and hall, as well as your roommate information. You will also see green check marks next to each step that you have completed. If you see all green check marks congratulations, you have now completed your housing registration! Print this page for your records and proceed to our “What to Bring, What Not to Bring” information posted in our section home.