Terms And Conditions
- The RamBucks account is a record of pre-deposited funds to be accessed by the cardholder to purchase products and services at Albany State University. This account will be administered by the RamCard Office, located at 504 College Drive, Reese Student Union Building-Room 107, Albany, GA 31705; Phone: (229) 430-2904; E-mail: RamCard@asurams.edu. This agreement shall be in compliance with state and federal laws and the policies and procedures of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. For further information and updates about the RamBucks account, you are invited to view ASU INFO. All cardholders must register at the RamCard office to activate their RamBucks account. The cardholder must also be a current student or faculty/staff member. A valid identification, fee statement or verification may be required from the Office of Human Resources Management, Room 290-ACAD Building, 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705; Phone: (229) 430-4623. All cash deposits are available for immediate withdrawal. Only cardholders are authorized to make purchases using the account. By accepting and using the RamCard, the cardholder agrees to abide by the rules and regulations that pertain to its use. Future changes in terms and conditions regulating the use of the RamCard will apply to cards in circulation and use and will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card is acquired. Changes will be posted via e-mail.
- Although there is no daily limit to the number of purchases made and debited, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds. This account is activated with a minimum of $1.00 (U.S. Funds Only). Deposits can be made during posted hours of operation at the Office of Financial Operations (Business Office), 504 College Drive, ACAD Building-Room 284, Albany, GA 31705; Phone: (229) 430-4610. No interest shall be accrued with this card nor shall the account be used as a credit card or for advancement of cash.
A fee of $20.00 or 20% of the check amount, whichever is greater, will be assessed for all returned checks and the cardholder’s account will be deactivated until sufficient funds are deposited. If sufficient funds are not received immediately, the RamCard office and Business Office will take appropriate collection action, including, but not limited to, placing a “hold” on the cardholder’s record for the fee and/or instigating all collection activity permitted by law.
- Refunds are only permitted upon suspension, expulsion, graduation or withdrawal as a student and employment termination or release from the University as a faculty/staff member. Refund Request Forms are available at the RamCard Office. All forms must complete to process a refund. Merchandise returns may be accepted for refunds in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) or service(s) with the RamCard.
- The cardholder’s account will be closed by the University if one of the following occurs:
- The cardholder ceases to be an active/enrolled student of the University by either graduating or withdrawing.
- The cardholder is suspended or expelled from the University.
- The cardholder ceases to be an employee of the University for any reason.
- The cardholder, as an affiliate, advisor or visitor, completes his or her stay at the University.
- The cardholder, as a contractor or vendor, has completed his/her contract on campus.
- The cardholder alters or falsifies the RamCard, or produces or distributes false ID’s.
- The RamCard Account becomes inactive after 12 inactive months.
- To prevent unauthorized use of lost or stolen RamCard, cardholders should immediately report the lost or stolen card to the RamCard office at (229) 430-2904, to insure proper deactivation. After business hours, cardholders should report lost or stolen cards to Public Safety at (229) 430-4711. The cardholder is responsible for all usage of the RamCard prior to proper notification to the RamCard Office or Public Safety, as provided herein. Cardholders should report to the RamCard Office to receive new cards.
- Each semester, statements of account activity will be sent to the cardholder. A student will receive the statement via e-mail. Other cardholders may request a statement, in person, from the RamCard Office.
- Within sixty (60) days of noticing an error in a statement, or if the cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction, he/she should contact the RamCard Office in person as to the specifics of the inquiry. The RamCard Office will investigate the request and provide a written statement to the cardholder within (20) business days. If an error is found, the RamCard Office will make necessary adjustments to the account; if no error is found, the RamCard Office will provide the cardholder with a written explanation. The cardholder may request copies of the documents used to conduct the investigation.
- Information about the cardholder’s account will be disclosed to third parties only for the following reasons:
- To complete a transaction
- To comply with a government agency or court order
- To be in conjunction with all other cardholder accounts in the aggregate, but not specific in regard to any individual account
- With the cardholder’s written permission.
- This RamCard account is non-transferable. Possession of the Ram Card is a privilege. Ownership of the ID remains with the University upon separation. Misuse of the Ram Card warrants its confiscation by the University and/or disciplinary action, as deemed appropriate by the University.
The students and faculty/staff members, herein referred to as “Cardholders”, hereby open a pre-paid debit account, herein referred to as “RamBucks” and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth in the RamCard Agreement and any subsequent changes in the agreement, as publicized and/or as notified. The account will be administered by the RamCard Office, Reese Student Union Building, 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705.