Welcome to the Albany State University Accreditation Liaison website. The Accreditation Liaison, appointed by the University President, facilitates communication, regulatory compliance, and the reaffirmation process with SACSCOC. The responsibilities of the Accreditation Liaison:
- Ensuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into the University’s planning and evaluation process of the institution.
- Provide guidance to units to ensure they are maintain documentation to support their case for ongoing compliance.
- Provide the University Cabinet including Deans/Chairs with information about the SACSCOC Substantive Change Policy, including annually maintain the Substantive Change Policy on the website.
- Notifying the Commission in advance of substantive changes and program developments in accord with the substantive change policies of SACSCOC.
- Familiarizing faculty, staff, and students with the Commission's accrediting policies and procedures, and with particular sections of the accrediting standards and Commission policies that have application to certain aspects of the campus (e.g., library, continuing education) especially when such documents are adopted or revised.
- Serving as a contact person for SACSCOC staff. This includes encouraging institutional staff to route routine inquiries about the Principles of Accreditation and accreditation policies and processes through the Accreditation Liaison, who will contact Commission staff, if necessary, and ensuring that email from the Commission office does not get trapped in the institution’s spam filter.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual profiles and any other reports requested by SACSCOC.
- Serving as a resource person during the decennial review process and helping prepare for and coordinating reaffirmation and other accrediting visits.
Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness
Albany State University
504 College Dr.
Albany, GA 31705
Please contact ASU’s SACSOC Accreditation Liaison with questions or more information about ASU’s on-going accreditation efforts.