The University Bookstore team is gearing up for your return to campus in August. Two overarching goals anchor the Follett teams to ensure a successful return for the students, faculty and staff.
- Protecting the health and well-being of the team members, campus community, students and visitors.
- Providing the highest quality of service and order fulfillment whether learning takes place through distance learning online, in person or in a hybrid environment.
Leadership teams are addressing and supporting the campus through the following processes.
- Social distancing in the store
- Cleaning throughout the store regularly
- Product placement and signage
- Purchasing additional cleaning supplies
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required by CDC Guidelines
- Occupancy limits
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, students are strongly encouraged to order textbooks and
supplies for fall semester online. The bookstore is now open for ordering textbooks,
supplies and merchandise online with shipment to your home address. Payment must
be made via debit/credit card at this time. On August 3, financial aid will be disbursed
to student accounts and available for use when ordering textbooks and supplies.
Due to the size of the store and social distancing guidelines, occupancy to the store is limited. A clerk will meet you at the store allowing entry. The link to the booking web site is https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/BookStore@asurams.edu/bookings/. Customers are to follow signage identifying specific entry and exit doors as well as directional movement within the store.
Orders placed online may be picked up curbside at either the East or West Campus. When placing the order, please make your selection as to which site you will pick up the order. The curbside pickup on the East Campus will be at the turnabout on the second level of the Student Center. Curbside pickup on the West Campus will be in front of the Student Center. Note that the bookstore on the West Campus has been relocated to inside the Student Center in front of Rams Hideaway should you need to visit that location.
Should exchanges or returns be necessary, students may schedule an appointment through the bookstore system to arrange a time to conduct those transactions. Standard return policies and procedures will apply.
To assist students, detailed instructions on how to order and pick up textbooks are outlined below.
Visit the Albany State University Bookstore online at www.asuramsshop.com and follow the directions below.
- Click “Textbooks” link or icon from header
- Search your course materials by course and add course materials to your shopping bag
- Click “Checkout” and follow the prompts to select your delivery method
- Available delivery methods include:
- Have you order shipped directly to you
- Curbside /Limited Contact Pickup
Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Saturday- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
August 3-21, 2020
West campus *new location: Student Center
Monday and Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
August 3-14, 2020
- An associate will call you to schedule a date, location, and time to pick up your order. You will
also receive an email that confirms your item(s) are ready for pickup before arriving at the store.
- A valid photo ID/student ID is required for pickup.
- Upon arrival, pull to the curb. Call 229-500-2007 and provide your name, order number, vehicle make, model and color to the team member. A team member will bring the order to your car, verify your ID, and place your order in the vehicle trunk or backseat.
- Payment Method - select Financial Aid (includes Book Vouchers, Scholarships & Veteran Affairs) and enter your
information. Follow the prompts to place your order
Questions regarding the above process should be made directly to email@example.com or via phone at
Frequently Asked Questions
- Book slips are no longer required. All purchases using financial aid are processed directly through the bookstore point of sale system.
- Students must take the following documents to the bookstore when purchasing approved
- His/her course/class schedule
- Ram ID card. If you have not picked up your Ram ID card, present a government issued ID to verify your identity.
- Please ask a bookstore employee for assistance in selecting the correct textbooks prior to check out. The cashier will have on file the amount of financial aid available to purchase allowable items in the bookstore. The charges will be processed through the cash register and deducted from available financial aid.
Allowable Items to be Purchased Using Financial Aid
- Students using financial aid in the University Bookstores may purchase only required books and supplies that correlate with registered courses for the term. Such items may include laptops, tablets, cameras, scientific calculators, uniforms, lab kits, test review materials, and tools if these items are deemed required by an instructor of the class or program director.
- Electronic items: Students may purchase course related computers or electronic items no more than once each academic year without approval by the Financial Aid Director or designee. Rare exceptions to this policy may be made by the university’s Director of Financial Aid.
- Items not approved for purchase with financial aid include but are not limited to apparel, food, cell phones, household or gift items, and gift/prepaid cards.
- During the book purchase period, books and supplies purchased using financial aid cannot be returned to the university Bookstore for cash. Refunds for returned items must be credited back to the individual student's financial aid account.
Financial Aid Notes
- The period during which students may charge books for each semester is limited and changes each semester. Students must follow deadlines and charging limits posted by the Financial Aid Department or the University Bookstore.
- The amount available for charging items to financial aid is based on individual student's eligibility and the number of eligible credit hours students are enrolled in during a semester.
- Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards may not charge books to their financial aid.
|Cordele Campus Bookstore||East Campus Bookstore||West Campus Bookstore|
|(229) 500-2006||(229) 500-2007||(229) 500-2008|