Tips For Success
So you are now an ASU RAM – congratulations! We are so excited that you are here! As a first year student you may be a bit confused about what all it takes to be successful as a college student, so take a moment and review the tips below – then using your ASU credentials, log into https://asurams.campus.eab.com and schedule an appointment with your success coach to get connected!
How to be successful:
- Meet with your success coach and develop an educational plan. Understanding what the next few years will look like academically will help you plan your time and stay on track!
- Check your ASU email regularly.
- Know the college calendar and check it often!
- Submit required university documentation early and remain informed of when documents need to be updated or resubmitted. Getting the class you need is easier when you have submitted your FASFA, program applications, etc. ahead of schedule.
- Create a time management plan. Your success coach can assist you! Planning out your time for class, studying, socializing, and rest is important to staying on track!
- Visit one of the university’s learning centers early and meet the staff. Build relationships with the tutors and take advantage of this service even if you feel you have a handle on the coursework.
- Register for Smarthinking tutoring services through GaVIEW. This is a free one-time registration that will have you prepared to submit questions, papers, and receive free tutoring any time and from any location with Internet service.
- Attend classes – every class period – and be on time!
- Submit your assignments on-time and remember that what you submit is a reflection of you. Turn in work that makes you proud!
- Engage with campus activities and social organizations. Joining a club and attending campus events helps you connect with the ASU community and build deeper bonds with your classmates, instructors, and student support professionals.