Internal Transfer Process
To complete an internal transfer:
- Student must meet with a professional advisor to review academic plan and discuss program changes.
- Professional advisor initiates the Internal Transfer form.
- Student will receive an email requesting verification of the Internal Transfer request. The student MUST reply to YES to the email in order for the Internal Transfer request to move forward.
- Appropriate Enrollment Management offices will verify the Internal Transfer request/requirements
and will either approve or disapprove of the change.
- Financial Aid
- The Office of the Registrar
- An notification email will be sent to the student and to the student’s advisor
A request for an Internal Transfer does not guarantee a program change. The University reserves the right to deny student requests based on academic standards in the student’s selected major, past academic performance, and campus capacity. It is the student’s responsibility to check his/her email and follow up as appropriate after the notification email has been received.
I understand by submitting this form requesting to change my major, I have an intent to pursue and will be responsible for meeting program requirements for the new program. In addition, I understand that some types of funding, such as Veterans benefits and financial aid, require enrollment in classes that are required toward the completion of the degree to receive funding. If it is determined that I am taking classes not required toward this program, I understand I may be subject to a removal or reduction of funding, which may cause a balance owed to the institution that I am responsible to pay. I confirm that I have met with my Academic Advisor and the Office of Financial Aid, if necessary, before submitting this form to discuss the impact of these changes.