Housing Move-Out Process
March 22, 2020
Dear ASU Students,
I know that these past weeks have been a trying time for us all. I want to personally thank you for your patience while we have worked with our partners at the City of Albany and Dougherty County regarding our move-out process. We have requested and received a limited exception to the shelter in place and essential travel only ordinance.
Before you arrive to Albany, I need to make you aware of the status of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Albany-Dougherty area. Our community has a high number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases (confirmed and presumptive). You must be diligent in following the Georgia Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) protocols. We must remain compliant with the Shelter in Place Ordinance. The city and county made the right decision to limit travel in our community. Without these measures, the disease will continue to spread. We all need to do our part to stop this pandemic.
You must adhere to the following:
- If you feel sick, have any symptoms, could have been exposed or have been tested for COVID-19, do not come to campus.
- Maintain the CDC recommended social distancing protocol(6 feet).
- Wash your hands oftenand refrain from touching your face.
- Review the City of Albany and Dougherty County Ordinance before coming to Albany-Dougherty County. Be aware, due to the ordinance, it is recommended to return home immediately after move-out.
- Arrive and leave as scheduled.
We will resume our campus housing move-out schedule on Tuesday, March 24 at 8 a.m. and will conclude on
Sunday, March 29. Our last scheduled move-out reservation will be at 6 p.m. each day. If you have already secured your reservation for March 24 – 29, it is not necessary to sign up again. However, you may modify your move-out time if needed.
We apologize for the inconvenience to those students who were delayed from moving out (Saturday, March 21; Sunday, March 22; and Monday, March 23). You will be allowed to reschedule your appointment by signing up here.
If you are unable to move-out during this timeframe, we will pack your items and hold them in storage in the residence hall where you reside. Additional move-outs will not be allowed after March 29, 2020.
To maintain student safety; it will be critical that residents do not arrive on campus before their scheduled time. We strongly encourage you to do everything possible to meet the appointment. However, if you have an unresolvable scheduling problem or you are sick, contact Housing & Residence Life at email@example.com from your ASU email with your name, residence hall and room number, along with the reason you are unable to make your reservation.
Campus Housing Move-Out Procedures
- At your scheduled time, it is important that you arrive at your residence hall check-in location. You will be allotted time (not to exceed 1.5 hours) to pack and vacate your room, starting at your scheduled time. Adhering to this schedule allows the next wave of residents the opportunity to arrive and begin their move out process.
- It is extremely important you have your RAM ID and room key with you. You will use your RAM ID and room key to check in with staff and gain access to yourresidence hall and room.
- Students must be present to move out; parents or other family members will not be provided access on behalf of a student.
- You may bring no more than two individuals to help you pack and vacate your room.
- It is highly advisable topurchase your moving supplies before arriving in Albany. This includes boxes, plastic bags, packing tape, etc. Many businesses in Albany have limited supplies and are operating under modified hours.
- You will be expected to leave your room in as close as possible to the condition at move in. Please be prepared for light cleaning by bringing cleaning supplies: trash bags, rags, broom and dustpan, etc.
- After you have completed the check-out process, lock your room door. Pick up your room key envelope from the lobby desk, put your room key in the envelope and drop off your room key in the drop-box that will be in eachresidence hall
- If you have packages on campus, visit the ASU Mail Room once you have completed the check-out process. Please complete the ASU Mail Forward form here. Failure to do so may result in your package being returned to sender.
- Find the Housing Move-Out Logistics regarding directions,parking instructions and campus maps here.
Student Refund Information
Details regarding the student refund plan will be released tomorrow, March 23.
Online and Remote Instruction
In conclusion, remember that online and remote instruction will begin on Monday, March 30.
It is my hope you will continue the same standard of excellence in your online and remote courses as you would if you were here on campus. To ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your academic goals please connect with your professors immediately.
If you have questions or need additional assistance with your courses, continue to check your ASU email for updates regarding advising and tutoring opportunities, including the online and remote Study Table to assist you with your classwork.
I look forward to staying in contact with and providing you with regular updates. Please continue to check your ASU email and follow our official social media platforms.
Above all, be safe and careful as we navigate through this crisis. These are trying and unfamiliar times, but we will get through this together as a RAMily.
Marion Ross Fedrick