Albany State University Welcomes Transfer Students
Transfer students are individuals who have 30 semester credit hours from a previous college institution. Freshman Transfer students are those who have less than 30 credit hours, but have previously attended another institution. All students who have taken college coursework outside of Albany State University will be required to submit all official transcripts for review. Once your transcript has been reviewed, you can view your transfer coursework in your Banner Web.
2. Submit official transcripts for each school you have previously attended.
- You can mail your transcript to:
- You can submit your official transcript electronically by sending them to Admissions@asurams.edu
Evaluation of Transfer Credit:
Once you have been accepted into our institution we will begin your transfer articulation process. Please allow 7-10 business days for your transcript(s) to be articulated. You can view your unofficial transcript in Banner Web or you can check your Degree Works to see which courses have transferred in.
- Albany State University welcomes transfer credits from any regionally accredited institution, Military transcripts, and AP, CLEP, & IB test scores.
- Degree program transfer hour policy.
- If you did not take POLS 1101 along with HIST 2111/2112 in the state of Georgia you will be required to take our POLS 0100 test before you graduate to complete our legislative requirement.
At least 30 transferable semester credit hours (45 quarter hours) and a 2.0 GPA from a Regionally accredited institution.
Freshman Transfer (Less than 30 transferable hours)
Transferring to ASU with less than 30 transferable credit hours. Freshman Transfer students must meet Freshman admissions requirements.
Incoming Transient students do not need to submit their official transcripts for acceptance. Our only requirements for Transients are:
- Lawful Presence
- Immunization Records
- Official Transient letter form home institution
To be accepted into Albany State University we have a minimum GPA requirement of 2.00. If you are wanting to be accepted into a certain program the GPA requirements may be different.
*Acceptance into our institution does not guarantee acceptance into a program.
|Bachelor of Arts|
|Visual & Performing Arts||2.25|
|Bachelor of Science|
|Business Information Systems||2.25|
|Computer Science - Business||2.25|
|Computer Science - Info. Assurance||2.25|
|Computer Science - Mathematics||2.25|
|Early Childhood Education||2.50|
|Health & Human Performance||2.00|
|Health Information Management||2.25|
|Middle Grade Education||2.50|
|Supply Chain & Logistics Management||2.25|
|Nursing - BSN||2.00|
|Nursing RN to BSN||2.00|
Orientation is required for our Freshman Transfer students. If you are transferring in less than 30 credit hours you will need to attend.
Once you have been accepted and your transcripts have been articulated you can contact our Advising center at 229-500-2002 to register for classes. Please make sure your transcript(s) has been articulated prior to registering to prevent retaking a class.
Schedule an Advising appointment here. Make sure to use your ASU credentials to log in.
If you have a hold you will most likely need to submit an updated transcript from your last previously attended institution.
You can contact our office at 229-500-4358 for further clarification if needed.
If you have a hold on your Financial Aid account that claims you are missing your transfer articulation date do not worry. Once we have articulated your transcript(s) this hold will be removed. Please allow up to 5 business days for this hold to clear.
There are many factors to determine acceptable transfer credit.
- Albany State University only accepts credit from a regionally accredited institution.
- If you attended a Technical School in Georgia (TCSG) please see our tab on TCSG.
- We accept core classes in our Area A - F. English 1101& 1102 must have a "C" or better.
- All other courses must have a "C" or better.
- ASU does not award transfer credit for learning support courses, career associate programs, internships, and orientation courses.
- Transfer courses that do not have an exact equivalency will be given elective credit.
Yes, since we have a maximum number of credits allowed to transfer in we are more than fine with reevaluating a transcript if a major has changed. You can contact us via email and ask for a reevaluation.
Yes - If you took college courses at an International college you will need to submit your transcript to World Education Services to have it evaluated and or translated. Request an official copy be sent to: Albany State University, Admission’s Office, 2400 Gillionville Road Albany, GA 31707
So you've attended one of the 22 Technical Colleges in Georgia. There are a few more rules for you than most institutions.
- We can only transfer in courses that were taken in the Spring of 2012 or after. The exception for this would be College Algebra (MAT 191) and English Composition I & II (ENG 191 & 192). These three classes must have been taken in 2002 or later.
- We do not accept any courses named "Fundamentals", "Basics", or "Foundations"
- You can see which courses transfer in here. These courses will transfer to an equivalent ASU course. We also have Articulation Agreements with Albany Technical College (ATC), Columbus Technical College, and Southern Regional Technical College (SRTC), which allow for courses which are detailed in those agreements to be transferred in as well.
To see the details of each of these agreements, please go to Articulation Agreements section below.
We must have ALL official transcripts prior to being accepted into our institution. We cannot waive this requirement for any reason.
If we are asking for a transcript from a school you may have applied to, but never attended please send us a Non-Attendance Letter.
The price to attend ASU varies. Please see our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
- HL - Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- MS - Middle State Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- NC - North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- NE - New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- NW - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- SC - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- WC - Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
- WJ - Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
To our students who are older than 25 years of age and those who have connections with our Military we encourage you to speak with our Office of Military & Adult Education.
"From application to graduation, the Office of Military and Adult Education promotes college completion for adult learners and military-connected students by providing student support services that enhance and compliment the academic experience."
- Albany Tech Articulation Agreements
- Athens Technical College
- Atlanta Technical College
- Columbus Technical College
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College
- Southern Regional Technical College
- Wiregrass Technical College