ASU Wellness Day
You are invited to participate in the 2nd annual WellFest 2023 on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, from 10 am – 2 pm. WellFest 2023 will be held in the C. W. Grant Student Union on East campus. Albany State University is committed to providing access to services and resources to improve the health and well-being of our campus community. WellFest ’23 is a health and wellness fair designed to increase visibility and promote awareness of campus and community resources. Vendors and exhibitors will offer activities, giveaways, and wellness education to attendees.
The event will include a presentation at 10 a.m. by guest speaker, Jacqueline Jenkins, MSPH, on Health Quality in Health Status (the foucus on the impact on health in social economic inequality) in Southwest Georgia. Ms. Jenkins serves as the Infectious Disease Program Director of the 14 county Georgia Department of Public Health District 8-2. She leads a multidisciplinary team dedicated to decreasing the rates of Tuberculosis, HIV, and other infectious diseases that impact Southwest Georgia.
The goals of WellFest 2023 are to:
- Increase awareness through education and information sharing
- Showcase food demonstrations
- Provide access to health information and raise awareness of health risks
- Allow participants to engage in fun and interactive health and wellness activities
- Empower campus and community members to adopt healthier lifestyles and care of themselves and others
- Offer health screenings, including BMI, blood pressure, and other health risks
- Provide the opportunity for attendees to participate in raffles, prizes, and giveaways
For additional information, please contact Ms. Lashanda Parker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 229-500-3441 or Ms. Orlandria Bennett-Reed via email at email@example.com or via phone at 229-500-3549.
Past Wellness Days Recap
April 2, 2021 - Stress Less
February 8, 2021- Power Of Love