The University Bookstore is contracted with the Follett team to ensure a successful year for the students, faculty and staff.
Two main goals that ASU and Follett strive for are:
- Protecting the health and well-being of the team members, campus community, students and visitors.
- Providing the highest quality of service and order fulfillment whether learning takes place through distance learning online, in person or in a hybrid environment.
Leadership teams continue to address and support these goals and the ASU campus as we prepare for each semester.
Students are strongly encouraged to order textbooks and supplies online each semester. The bookstore is now open for ordering textbooks, supplies and merchandise online with shipment to your home address, or picked up inside the Bookstore on the East Campus. Payment must be made via debit/credit card at this time.
Full Term: On August 7, 2023, the financial aid will be disbursed to student accounts and available for use when ordering textbooks and supplies. The last date to use financial aid fall semester to purchase items in the bookstore is September 13, 2023.
B Term: On October 2, 2023, the financial aid will be disbursed to student accounts and available for use when ordering textbooks and supplies. The last date to use financial aid fall semester to purchase items in the bookstore is November 11, 2023.
Textbook returns are accepted within even (7) days after the original purchase date if the item is in the same condition as sold. If the return is after the seven (7) day grace period, verification of dropping/adding the course or withdrawal from the course must be presented to the bookstore prior to the return. All access codes and loose-leaf books/bundles are non-refundable once they are opened and/or used.
Students are allowed to purchase one electronic device (computer or tablet) per semester with financial aid funds. This excludes all of the additional accessories that are offered in the bookstore.
Visit the Albany State University Bookstore online at www.asuramsshop.com and follow these instructions.
- Click “textbooks” link or icon from the header.
- Search your class materials by course and add course materials to the shopping bag.
- Click “checkout” and follow the prompts to select your delivery method.
Available delivery methods include.
- Have the order shipped directly to you
- In store pick up
- A confirmation email will be sent to you when your order is ready to pick up if you chose “in store” pick up. Do not arrive at the bookstore for pick up until after you receive the confirmation email.
- A valid photo ID/student ID is required for pick up.
- Payment method – select Debit/Credit Card, Financial Aid. Financial Aid includes book vouchers, Pell Grant, loans, scholarships and Veterans Affairs. Enter your information as requested.
- Follow the prompts to place your order.
The University Bookstore is located on East Campus in the C.W. Grant Student Union on the second floor. You can find out the hours of operation of the bookstore by visiting the bookstores extended hours page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Aid will be available for use in the bookstore located on the East Camus in the C.W. Grant Student Union, 2nd floor for both online and on-campus purchasing. Please check with the bookstore each semester for start and end dates for using financial aid. Bookstore: 229-500-2007.
Please check with the bookstore each semester for the last day to make purchases in the bookstore using your financial aid. Bookstore: 229-500-2007.
- Book slips are no longer required. All purchases using financial aid are processed directly through the bookstore point of sale system.
- Students must take the following documents to the bookstore when purchasing approved items.
- Please ask a bookstore employee for assistance in selecting the correct textbooks prior to check out. The cashier will have on file the amount of financial aid available to purchase allowable items in the bookstore. The charges will be processed through the cash register and deducted from available financial aid.
Yes, multiple purchases for allowable items may be made provided financial aid funds are available on your student account and the purchase is made within the time frame that financial aid is open for purchases in the bookstore.
All purchases should be made at the bookstore on the East Campus.
Allowable Items to be Purchased Using Financial Aid
- Students using financial aid in the University Bookstores may purchase only required books and supplies that correlate with registered courses for the term. Such items may include laptops, tablets, cameras, scientific calculators, uniforms, lab kits, test review materials, and tools if these items are deemed required by an instructor of the class or program director.
- Electronic items: Students may purchase course related computers or electronic items no more than once each academic year without approval by the Financial Aid Director or designee. Rare exceptions to this policy may be made by the university’s Director of Financial Aid.
- Items not approved for purchase with financial aid include but are not limited to apparel, food, cell phones, household or gift items, and gift/prepaid cards.
- During the book purchase period, books and supplies purchased using financial aid cannot be returned to the university Bookstore for cash. Refunds for returned items must be credited back to the individual student's financial aid account.
Financial Aid Notes
- The period during which students may charge books for each semester is limited and changes each semester. Students must follow deadlines and charging limits posted by the Financial Aid Department or the University Bookstore.
- The amount available for charging items to financial aid is based on individual student's eligibility and the number of eligible credit hours students are enrolled in during a semester.
- Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards may not charge books to their financial aid.