Campuses are closed April 5 due to predicted severe weather conditions
ALBANY, Ga. – Albany State University is exercising caution and closing its campuses due to predicted severe weather conditions. Albany State University East and West campuses and satellite campuses in Cairo and Cordele are closed Wednesday, April 5, 2017, due to predicted severe weather conditions. All classes, meetings and events are cancelled until further notice.
The Albany State University Police Emergency Management team is working with the city of Albany EMS to monitor weather conditions and will keep the campus community updated.
Everyone is asked to adhere to the following precautions:
- Avoid walking or parking around trees during the storm.
- Stay inside if the winds are high. There will more than likely be debris in the winds that can cause serious bodily harm.
- Review the campus shelter plans.
- Any area or location that does not have windows can be a last minute shelter.
- Make sure your electronic devices are fully powered.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to monitor local media for weather updates. Information of when the campuses will reopen will be shared with local media and by way of your university e-mail accounts, the university’s Connect 5 alert system, asurams.edu, and all official university social media accounts. Campuses are tentatively set to reopen April 6, 2017.