Student Reminders: Spring Orientation, Registration and Financial Aid Deadlines
Important Dates and Deadlines
- New Student Orientation is January 4.
- Registration is open through January 11.
- Deadline for payment of tuition and fees, housing, and a meal plan is January 2.
- Classes will be dropped for non payment on January 12.
Reminders for All Students
- There is NO one-day registration for Spring 2018. All students should contact their academic advisor immediately for assistance with course registration.
- If you missed the November 1 deadline for Financial Aid’s spring priority processing, it’s not too late to apply and attend ASU in the spring. Financial Aid will continue to process applications in the order they are received.
GaView Orientations/ Distance Learning Students
The first Day of class for Full and A Term is January 8 . All distance learning students should log in to GaVIEW and check all courses on this day.
Mandatory GaVIEW Orientation must be completed in order for courses to reflect in GaVIEW. To complete the orientation:
- Log In to GaVIEW
- Click on the GaVIEW Orientation Class Link
- Verify that you can access all of the materials contained within the modules
- Click on the Completion Quiz answer YES to the question and submit
Workshops for GaVIEW assistance/Distance Learning Orientation
- January 8, Drop In 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – West Campus, A-183
- January 9, Drop In 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – East Campus, JPL 108
- January 9, Webinar via WebEx – 5:30 p.m. (https://asurams.webex.com/join/jennifer.nelms)
- January 9, 10:30 a.m. Cordele Student Distance Learning Orientation
- January 10, 5:30 p.m. Waycross Student Distance Learning Orientation
- January 11, 5:30 p.m. Cairo Student Distance Learning Orientation
- If you have not submitted your FAFSA, do so today! You can start a new FAFSA or login to update an existing one on the Federal Student Aid website.
- Need help completing the FAFSA? Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on ASU's financial aid website.
- If you have completed your FAFSA, but have not submitted all required documentation, follow this link to finalize your paperwork.
ASU is committed to processing all financial aid applications as quickly as possible; however, completed applications are processed in the order received. A completed financial aid application includes a valid FAFSA on file and all additional documentation requested to complete the processing of your file.
If you are submitting past the November 1 spring priority deadline, please be aware your awards may not be available by the January 2 payment deadline date for spring term. This means that if you register for Full or A term classes and your financial awards are not available by January 2:
- You must be prepared to pay your tuition and fees, housing, and meal plan by January 2.
- You must be prepared to purchase your textbook, lab supplies, and other class materials by January 8.
- If this presents a hardship, you should consider B term classes at ASU. (B term classes begin March 12). Please contact your admissions counselor to update your start date.
- For more information, please refer to ASU’s financial aid website.