Tomorrow: Delayed Campus Opening
There is an enhanced risk of severe weather for this afternoon and evening. The main threats will be damaging wind and tornadoes, including the potential for strong tornadoes.
This notice is to advise you that the Albany State University east and west campuses, and the satellite campuses in Cairo, Cordele and Waycross will delay opening tomorrow, March 18 due to threat of severe weather.
All classes, meetings, and events will resume at 12 p.m. (Noon) tomorrow, March 18. Faculty will work with students on making up any missed assignments and lectures.
- Residence halls will remain open and essential personnel, including the ASU Police Department, will remain available to ensure the operation of essential functions.
- East and West Campus Dining Halls will not open until 12 p.m.
- Residential students will have dry goods breakfast items (cereal, granola bars, water, etc.) made available to them in each residence hall lobby beginning at 8 a.m.
- Weather updates will be shared as quickly as possible as the weather changes for our area. It is important that you remain alert for updates throughout the day and evening.
- If you receive an Emergency Management System alert or hear the emergency sirens, please seek shelter.
Please also adhere to these precautions:
- Avoid walking or parking around trees during the storm.
- Stay inside if the winds are high. There will more than likely be debris in the winds
that can cause serious bodily harm.
- Make sure your electronic devices are fully powered.
Additional information will be shared by way of your university e-mail accounts, the ASU website, and all official University social media accounts. If an emergency occurs, the ASU Emergency Communications System (Connect5) will also be used to notify the campus community.
Please also tune into your local news channels for additional updates.